Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This.Is.How.It.Shud.Be.Done!

So more often than not people ask me “OMG how do you put the extensions in??”…that along with a large array of questions usually follow right after I’ve done someone’s hair while I’m at eh salon. So what I’ve done is broken down step by step what it is I do when putting in extensions. I’ve used one of my clients Tiffany as en example for this process. She comes to me regularly to get her hair done since she’s a dancer it has to be done at all time and is satisfied each and every time. She comes for both length and a lil bit of volume. It’s helped her hair grow a lot as well over the summer. So here it is…play by play.





The hair is parted right about midpoint of the ear, that makes for good placement to allow a ponytail. A little braid is done right across that part and secured together in the middle.



The track is then sewn ONTO the braid (not onto the scalp as many have mistakenly thought) secured tightly at both ends of the braid. I’ve seen a few versions of ‘securing’ a track, some loop the thread though the track and tie a knot, but I find that can make it hard to remove on your own and sometimes the knot isn’t big enough and will slip through the track. I secure my ends by simply looping the thread through the track a few times.


Another row is parted and braided and once again the loopin process continues. Maybe the right term isn’t looping, but its as if our stitching both the track and the braid together.I find the best places to place the tracks are; mid ear (as mentioned earlier), then half inch above the ear (right around the temple are but a bit further back) and the third row at the crown of the head. Depending on how thick or thin the hair is OR if my clients are looking for volume over length (or vise versa) my placement varies a tad in case I need to have more than 3 rows
















I gave tiff a few little pieces of lighter hair just for funzies, but these ones are bonded in not sewn

Tah dah!

It’s a Hair Flip…amd you dance again.

No comments:

Post a Comment